Old August 7th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
One's Too Many

Default PS Engineering PM3000 Intercom?

On Aug 7, 3:38 am, Thomas Borchert
wrote:
One's,

Is it really worth $200 more than the comparable Flightcom 403?

It's worth much more than that, because the 403 simply isn't
comparable. Have you ever had trouble connecting different headsets
from different brands to the same intercom? You'll see that with the
403, but you won't with a PSE unit. Have you ever noticed how ALL
connected headset microphones open when one person speaks and the vox
circuit opens? All the noise from all those mics gets transmitted into
the intercom system as a consequence. That's what happens with a 403,
but not with a PSE. I could go on...

We finished up the installation late last night, tested it in the
hangar and played music from the iPod through it and it does sound
very, very good with my Denali headsets. The PSE was a wise choice
indeed. My A&P/IA hopes to have all his paperwork completed sometime
tomorrow but I won't have time to actually flight test the new
intercom until the weekend.