Old August 4th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Kobra

Default Passed CFI Knowledge Test

Flyers,

I just passed the CFI Knowledge test today but I have some questions for the
group. Sure I could look these up, but lets stimulation some discussion.
Here are some questions that I do not know if I answered correctly. The
verbiage may not be word-for-word but you should get the idea:

1) In a rectangular course lesson, how do you (as an instructor or student)
determine the distance to fly from the rectangular field chosen?

a) The wind
b) The size of the field
c) The steepness of the bank required / desired

2) How is VMC affected by an increase in altitude?

a) VMC goes up
b) VMC goes down
c) VMC remains unchanged

3) If taking off from an airport w/o a control tower inside Class C
airspace you are required to?

a) contact ATC before taking off to receive permission to enter controlled
airspace
b) takeoff without permission, but contact ATC as soon as practical
c) contact is not necessary if you are departing the controlled airspace

4) What is the speed limit in Class B airspace

a) 200 Knots
b) 250 Knots
c) Unlimited

Kobra