Old January 15th 10, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

Default revised FAA Order 5190.6B

Peter Dohm wrote:
"bildan" wrote in message
Another section I found interesting (if I read it correctly as I breezed
through it)...storing cars, lumber, etc. in a hangar is an
"inconsistent" use of land on airport property...

Scott

Now THAT is good news. My local GA airport has a 5 year waiting list
for $500/Mo T-hangars. 75% of them are full of old cars and boats.
If the hangar lessee's are forced to clear out their junk, it means
more room for airplanes - possibly at a lower price.

This is a real ongoing debate, and on the surface it's easy to be on both
sides of it.

However, the current and growing interpretation seems to be that you can not
have other personal property, in addition to your aircraft, in your
hangar--and that is just plain unreasonable!

Therefore, I have to come down on the side opposing this rule--as well as
opposing the denials of TTF access.

Peter

However, in my case as a renter, it would be good for me. The hangar
owner stores 5 to 6 cars during the winter along with my Corben and his
206. There have been times I have gone out during the winter on a nice
day to fly (yes, open cockpit) and I cannot get my plane out because he
has moved my plane and wrestled all the cars in there. Yes, I know,
it's his hangar, but I get burned paying $145/month and then can't
always use my plane when I want...