Old December 11th 16, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default SSA Competition Rules Committee Meeting Minutes

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 6:41:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
The minutes of the Fall SSA Competition Rules Subcommittee meeting held in November are available in the Rules and Process section of Sailplane racing on the SSA web site.
For the Committee
UH
RC Chair

Yes, I am shocked to see the following decision. "Contest organizers cannot mandate Flarm mode used by individual pilots"

I really liked that in Perry last year we had no "stealth mode" rule, especially since the contest was fully subscribed as always. You are throwing away advances of Flarm. This was discussed already at length last year. I am not looking to debate this again, just voicing my displeasure.