Old February 12th 04, 07:03 AM
Tony Woolner

We were flying along with the autopilot on. I tried to turn the plane to the
left but it was fighting the controls. How do you disconnect the autopilot?
A friend told me when you turn the plane it should disconnect automatically.
I guess you just have to turn the switch off to stop the autopilot?

"James M. Knox" wrote:

Tony Woolner wrote in
:

I saw a Warrior. It had a Mattituck engine overhaul. After the
overhaul they had to replace two cylinders. Why was that?

There could be any number of reasons why two cylinders had to be
replaces soon after an overhaul (if that is indeed what you are asking).
The rings may not have seated in properly, in which case they usually
just re-hone them and re-install. There might have been a problem with
the valve seating, or even a potential problem where it was discovered
that some parts were not properly hardened.

Mattituck is a quality shop, but problems do still get past, and of
course the installation can be faulty as well.

Also there was a
Century 21 autopilot.You set the heading bug and it flys the plane to
the vor and approaches. I fought the control to to right and the
autopilot was still on! How do you turn it off.You have to push the
switch to turn it off?

I'm confused. Are you saying that you took off with the autopilot still
on? Checking the autopilot (and verifying it's off) is part of the
checklist. I believe you can download a free operator's manual for the
Century 21 autopilot from the factory.

http://www.centuryflight.com/

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316