Old November 20th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default T-6 accident

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Viperdoc" wrote in
et:

Bottom line: the guy screwed up, and it cost him.

I loaned my Decathlon to a great friend, who used it in a couple of
airshows when his was down. He had the sense, not knowing the
airplane, to do things a little higher, and not as aggressively.
People still ask him about what happened to his green airplane!
(Everything he owns is red)

It sounds like the guy in the video made some errors in judgement
that were very, very costly, in a business that is unforgiving.
Let's face it- the best a T-6 is going to do in an airshow is make a
lot of smoke and noise, and do variations of wingovers and cubans-
nothing more.
and they look great doing it, too. Now you mntion it I can't recall
seeing one doing a slow roll down low. Still one of my favorite
airplanes to watch, though.
Why push it when the costs of a screw up are so high? Flying in this
environment is a lot different from sitting in a chair playing on a
computer and pretending.

You're just trying to excite Anthony now.

Ed Mahler did a low altitude T6 routine before his PJ260 DAYS.

Never saw that, Only his PJ. He's one of four that I know that died doing
aerobatics, of course. What a shame..

Bertie

Yup...rough business.

--