Old December 17th 03, 08:16 AM
B2431

Default Protestor Damages Enola Gay

From: "Gunnar"
Date: 12/17/2003 1:53 AM Central Standard Time

Why not simply include the wanted information in the exhibit ? It seams like
a small request to me.
It is after all true that 100+ thousand humans died because of this
plane/bomb.

Is history now politically uncorrect in the US ?

And then another group wants a sign saying the bombing ended the war, another
group wants a sign saying the bombing wasn't needed, another group will want a
sign saying there are still people suffering from radiation related
injuries...etc..etc..etc...

The best bet is to keep the the placard to specs and notable events for any
aircraft.

There will always be people who object to anything. Damaging the display was
the wrong way to go.

An interesting parallel, this is all from memory so the details are absent, was
a group of people in Massachusetts(?) who wanted to destroy a slave ship
because of what it represented instead of displaying it in a museum.

Another parallel was the Taliban destroying some ancient Buddahs because of
their own religious beliefs.

History is replete with such examples. We don't need to be politically correct
about artifacts, but we do need to save them.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired