Old December 4th 03, 06:18 PM
RobertR237

In article . net, Dave S
writes:

I am involved with the building of a velocity, and questions are flying
around about propeller choice. For in-flight adjustable, we are limited
at this time to an electric control, such as MT or IVO. Cost is pushing
our options in this area towards the IVO.

I have heard of some vibration/resonance probs with certified engines (i
believe it was a lycoming, but dont know specifics)..

And one emailer has mentioned when they used the engine on a mazda
powered a/c they were limited to 170 mph with the IVO but got 213 mph
with a cruise wood prop.

I am looking for any other experiences.. good bad or otherwise regarding
the IVO inflight adjustable props (particularly in the 200 hp range).

Experiences with any other electrically controlled props that can handle
200-220 hp would be welcome too.. but the MT is probably outside my
price range..

Dave

Please, please, please do a substantial amount of research on all the problems
associated with the IVO Prop before making a decision. I don't have first hand
experience but from what I have read and heard from some very knowledgable
sources in the industry it is a prop to be avoided, especially for the 200 -
220 hp engines. I am sorry but I have not kept any of the various reports and
data on the prop because I eliminated it from my list a long tim ago. One
thing to look at though is that micky-mouse foil tape inspection required for
that prop.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)