Old December 5th 03, 07:17 AM
Bart D. Hull

I'll second the factual notion.

I have personally talked with 4 Ivo-prop flyers. The gentleman with the
Long-EZ did have problems with the blades loosening (even with the
knurled plates.) I don't remember the engine size but it was a Lycoming
4 cyl. As is mentioned the wing "wake" is a serious concern with any prop
that is rear mounted.

The other gentleman had no issues with a Ivo on a RV-4 with a Lyc. He was
pleased with its performance and did not have any issues with the stainless
tape moving.

I also talked with a gentleman at Copperstate this year with a Ivo on a
Lancair 4P with a 3 rotor Mazda auto-conversion. No problems, but hey a
9 cylinder (equivalent) equivalent engine is gonna be smooth. 300+ dyno
horsepower.

and the gentleman that owns SDS Electronic Fuel Injection Systems is flying
behind a Ivo as well.....

I spent a great deal of time finding out the facts behind the IVO and I
bought one.

Did ya know Warp drive was designed and owned by Ivo as well? I have NEVER
found ANYONE that has actually had a Ivoprop fail on them.

just my 2 cents.

Bart
--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Paul Lee wrote:
Indeed,

With all due respect....

"I don't have first hand experience..."

Please, Please do "correct" research on the IVO before you make
conclusions on rumours. For example N570 has over 570+ hours on a
220hp Franklin with IVO without problems and N6Q has 160+ hrs.
Obviously there are successfull high HP IVO uses. Again, its not the
horsepower, but the smoothness of the engine. See my other post above.

Please try normal objective language instead of using emotional,
prejudicial terms like "mickey mouse ... inspection" or "do ....
research on ALL THE PROBLEMS .... IVO Prop" - rather than of "do
research on problems AND successes of IVO". IVO is quite open and
honest to tell you that they will not sell their props for certain
engines.

osite (RobertR237) wrote in message ...

Please, please, please do a substantial amount of research on all the problems
associated with the IVO Prop before making a decision. I don't have first hand
experience but from what I have read and heard from some very knowledgable
sources in the industry it is a prop to be avoided, especially for the 200 -
220 hp engines. I am sorry but I have not kept any of the various reports and
data on the prop because I eliminated it from my list a long tim ago. One
thing to look at though is that micky-mouse foil tape inspection required for
that prop.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)