Old February 12th 04, 10:34 PM
gross_arrow

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message ...
"Tony Woolner" wrote in message ...
We were flying along with the autopilot on. I tried to turn the plane to the
left but it was fighting the controls. How do you disconnect the autopilot?
A friend told me when you turn the plane it should disconnect automatically.
I guess you just have to turn the switch off to stop the autopilot?

You really need to read the manual before attempting to fly a plane with an
autopilot. Your friend is full of it. Most autopilots do not disconnect when
you turn the wheel. They have no clue you are turning the wheel rather than
the aircraft being out of trim.

ron is exactly right.

in addition, if you'll check out century's website, you'll find no mention of
a century 21 autopilot (hence the earlier responder's quip about the
neighborhoods -- century 21 is a real estate firm.)

the website lists the century i, iib, iii, 41, 2000 and the triden autopilot
systems (the iib and iii are no longer in production, since 2001.) it is
difficult to guess which one is meant when it is called the 21 -- most
likely the iib (since many warriors had this available from the factory as
an option), but it could be the 41 (one digit wrong) or the 2000 (starts
with a 2). without knowing which one it was, and possible other details
about the installation (some have a yoke-mounted quick-disconnect
switch or button), it is nearly impossible to answer the question.

g_a