Old November 22nd 03, 12:48 AM

Alexi wrote:

Kind of funny how the Bush/Cheney supporters stop sucking up real quick when
the legistration affects their own little world.

Don't like paying a little extra for avgas to support your FBO?

Autogas should be renendered useless for aviation use, illegal even. Maybe
someday we'll get clean hydrogen running engines that will eliminate the
need for burning petro.

Would have had themt a long time ago if it wasn't for the special interest
lobbies and the Cheney/Bush types!

Alexi

The question to which I have yet to hear an answer from the hydrogen
advocates is, since it takes more energy to produce hydrogen than you
can get from burning it, where do you get the energy to produce the
hydrogen in the first place? Reactors on every corner? Yeah, that will
be real popular.

Alcohol has the same problem plus there not being enough land in the US
to produce enough to replace gasoline. So we replace Saudi oil with
Mexican and Argentinian corn and put a reactor on every corner?

As for being clean, any engine that uses air to supply the oxidizer
produces oxides of nitrogen no matter what the fuel.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.