Old July 24th 03, 05:19 AM
Jay Honeck

Plus: Hey Jay is this a family event at Oshkosh you're planning? I've got
my
non-flying family driving with me up to OSH and would like to meet some

other
local and non-local friendly folks!

As a matter of procedure we don't use carb heat in the pattern at all in
Pipers. In fact, in nine years of flying 140s thru 235s, I've only used
carb heat "for real" once. (Of course, I don't fly IFR...)

As for the Oshkosh get together being a "family event", well, my two
children (ages 9 and 12) will be there, so I guess we'd better keep our
clothes on for the most part!

If you're gonna stop by, it would be good to sign the roster (see the post
"Oshkosh Get Together Roster -- Sign in, please!") so we all have some idea
of who's who... (By the way, did you see the invite at Green Castle?)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA