Old January 11th 04, 01:52 PM
BUFDRVR

I suspect the guy was parroting the party line.

I doubt it. I work in an office where "spouting the party line" is not a
positive attribute, out of the box thinking is.

1. I can get 7.5 points in situps if I do 29 OR 30 of them in 1 minute.
But I can get 8.0 points for doing 31. Why doesn't 30 count as 7.75?
2. If I run the 1.5 mile in 12:00 I get 50 points. Then the "window" for
49 points is 12:11 to 12:25. Then, somehow the "window" for 48 points is
12:25 to 12:49. Huh? Literally none of the "windows" are consistent - some
are 12 seconds, some 17, others 24, even one of 39. And forget trying to
score 45 points on the run - in my table the score of 46 is followed by 44
points, with no window in between for 45. Huh?

Yeah, I haven't looked at these issues in any kind of detail, but does it
surprise you? I mean, for the most part the people inventing this stuff are
still the people that brought you the bike test.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"