Old December 13th 03, 01:51 AM
Al Gilson

On 12/12/03 11:47 AM, in article "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Our new rec.aviation "Rogue's Gallery" of pictures.

Since our new website is obviously becoming more popular with you folks
every day, I need some advice on how to proceed:

OK..thanks for asking.

1. Should I include "anonymous" posters? I have received pictures from
several folks who do not wish to use their real names, have their "N"
numbers visible, or have their home bases publicized. To me this seems
bizarre, since the whole point of "showing off" your plane is to "show
off" -- and how can you do *that* anonymously? Still, I've posted a
couple of them, but I'm not sure of how to proceed. It's YOUR page -- what
do you folks think?

I vote no. If they don't want people knowing who, where, and what they are,
why are they sending you photos? Do they really own/fly the plane?

2. The page is slowing waaaay down. I really like the format of the page,
but as it grows it's getting really slow to open. How's it running for you?
Too slow? Okay, yet? How slow is too slow?

OK for me now, but I have cable.

3. Should I include email addresses? I've not included them, thus far --
but I thought it might be valuable to have an email "directory" of
participants?

Normally, I'd repeat my answer to #1 but, with all of the e-mail
harvesting/spamming. I'd say only if people want you too and won't complain
if they get spammed as a result.

Thanks for your help!

You're very welcome. It's a great page!

Al