Old November 22nd 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gear Warning

Mark, the radio check is not transmission check (although announcing
you are in the pattern is always a good idea), it is frequency check (I
often hear pilots calling their pattern on the wrong frequency they
used for air to air), and volume check to make sure your volume is not
down since your last low save. I am very suprised to hear that most
pilots in the UK can not use the radio legally, or am I missing
something?
I agree the list should kept to minmum, but your list has an item which
very much belongs to takeoff checklist, not landing list, unless I
missundersood it: Loose articles (including straps) - I rather
eliminate those *prior* to take off.

Ramy