Old May 16th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Default While Holding for a Briefing Today...

Kyle Boatright opined

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 May 2007 20:42:53 -0400, "Kyle Boatright"
wrote in
:

LockMart anticipate that flight briefing requests go up in the summer?

You can't expect a for-profit corporation to have staffing levels
great enough to adequately handle the peak periods. They'd be over
staffed most of the time. :-(

A logical person would think that the FAA set performance requirements when
they published the RFP for this program. Following that line of thought,
you would think there would be adequate penalties to guarantee that the
winner of the RFP would lose its tail if it didn't exceed the performance
required in the RFP...

Of course, we're dealing with a government agency here, so the process might
not be that logical.

Additionally, LockMart may have the FAA over a barrel - "Sure, I understand
that the FAA could terminate our contract. But if you fire us, who is gonna
take all of those phone calls tomorrow, and what number are they gonna
call?" "Additionally, how's it gonna look when you go before Congress? I'd
hate to see the entire top rank of the FAA get fired, because I don't think
most of you will be able to get an equivalent job in the private sector."

How about helping the existing briefers to set up a coop? They are there, and
know what needs to be done.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2007!
Why wait for nature?