Old September 1st 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

Default I am Interested in Soaring Instruction (US Private Pilot Certification)

Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Aug 31, 7:29 am, TonyV wrote:
Frank Whiteley wrote:
You won't be flying in controlled airspace.

He will be - unless he intends to fly only below 1100 (or in some cases
700) feet or other class G airspace. :-)

Tony

Yeah, okay;^)

I don't think that "they" could have used a worse term than "controlled
airspace". Almost every one assumes that it means that you have to talk
to a controller to fly in it - which it does not. It's great BFR oral
fodder, though. :-)

Tony
P.S. Frank, I understand that you knew that.