Old November 1st 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Sales of the MK IV set to triple - "bumper LLC" contemplates IPO

On Nov 1, 12:33*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Darryl Ramm wrote:
I think Bumper LLC ought to work on the Cobra Jack problem. I'd pay
hundreds of dollars for a high quality jack that just worked reliably.

Of course if we worked with the Minden airport to evict Bumper LLC
from its current corporate headquarters its gliders would actually had
to be assembled to fly (therefore using the hydraulic jack) then this
would probably get fixed very quickly.

Perhaps the hydraulic jack could be removed and this electric jack
inserted in it's place, while retaining the rest of the ramp mechanical
system.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...roduct_6970_20...

If it won't fit in the space of the hydraulic cylinder, it could be
mounted just ahead/behind of the ramp mechanism.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org

I dunno, lot's of people are very suspicious of electric things ;-)
See ya, Dave