Old August 6th 15, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FLARM in Stealth Mode at US 15M/Standard Nationals - Loved It!

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 3:36:28 PM UTC-4, John Cochrane wrote:
One thing to keep in mind: Pilots can always use stealth mode on their own. If it bugs you that someone may follow you, then turn on stealth. The issue is mandating it for all.

John Cochrane BB

If you are in Stealth, and your competitors are not, you are strongly disadvantaged from my experience. I stubbornly tried it. If the Flarmleechtool is in use, one can not afford not to be using it.
And- dirty little secret- pilots are covering their antennas when they think they are in the lead so as to not give away information. One well known world champion has been doing this, according to those I believe are in the know. "Whats the aluminum foil hat for?"
UH