Old May 17th 05, 10:17 PM
Blueskies

wrote in message ...
If you are located anywhere near Corvallis, Oregon, USA, I'd be happy to
demonstrate my Rotax 912S powered Savannah. With the muffler, the predominent
sound is the propeller. I think it sounds sort of like a well muffled V8 car
engine. By the way, the 100hp Rotax weighs about 136 pounds. TBO is now 1500
hours.

tom pettit

In article . net, "JK"
wrote:
Here's a tough question, but I'll try anyway. Can anyone describe the sound
of a Rotax 912? I'm thinking of building a Zodiac XL, and have heard the
Zenith demo plane equipped with the Jabiru 3300, but I don't know if I have
ever heard the sound of a Rotax 912. Although sound may not be an important
characteristic, I'm still curious. The Jabiru has a nice tone, similar to
the Lycomings that I am familiar with. Does the higher-revving Rotax have a
buzzing sound?

Thanks,
John

I think more like a throaty old VW 2180cc engine