Old August 6th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default Separate yEnc threads?

"Pop`" wrote in

Francois wrote:
SandMan a écrit :

Color me ignorant, but what is Yenc and why the heck does it format
posts so they're unreadable with a basic news reader app?

Same question...
;-(

Francois
LFBO

It's just another protocol for encapsulating images, nothing more, and
isn't supported by the mainstream clients. The main objection to it
is you need a separate decoder/encoder to use it for download/uploads.

There are always a few that like to make their excuses for using
something the mainstram doesn't use and most of the time it's so they
can feel superior, but superior to what is anyone's guess. For
computer viewing and every-day printing needs, it's no improvement
over anything. Google will give you lots of info onthe pros & cons of
it.

Pop`

Pop
doubt that it is used to make anyone feel superior, but instead since,like
zip and rar files, it is a compression method to encode data for faster
transmission.
When I was new to the use net I used to get upset about all the posts I
could not decode. Once I learned how to read these varied files it opened
up a lot more info for me to see.
There is no secret handshake needed just time research and asking for help.
There is no secret Usenet Mason's Society to belong to just a few people
who have found what they believe to be a better way, not that it is or
is'nt better. Just tha it is there to use if you are willing to learn and
patient