Old May 27th 04, 05:02 AM
Pete Russell

I have thought of putting some type of soap on my glider when it may rain,
thinking it would help to level the water drops and maintain the airfoil
shape. This may be the thing for the Pik 20 owners and other airfoils that
suffer in the rain.

Pete

"Martin Hellman" wrote in message
om...
Another possibility that I recently heard about that might help
increase our L/D: It seems that marine mammals may shed microscopic
amounts of their skin as the swim, disrupting the normal boundary
layer turbulence. I guess a whale that uses Head & Shoulders Shampoo
will not swim as fast as the others?

Anyone else hear of this theory? Or think I was being ribbed? Or have
any thoughts on how it might be used in sailplane wing designs?

Martin