Old October 31st 03, 06:04 PM
George Z. Bush

Did you ever taste strawberry beer? The Germans used to make it (and maybe
still do).....not too bad if you like the taste of strawberries, although I'm
not too sure that I'd say the same for beer lovers. (^-^)))

George Z.

"Marc Reeve" wrote in message
Yeff wrote:
On 30 Oct 2003 07:24:08 -0800, Deep Avali wrote:

And for all the Japanese vending machines I've ever seen, I haven't
seen one that dispenses junk food yet. Ice cream, yes, but no candy
bars, chips, etc. Strange. Seen the porno ones, though...my advice
is to skip 'em, it's all censored...and avoid the condom machines,
too, they're too small for us Westerners...

I remember getting the little barrels (we called 'em "combat jugs") of beer
in Misawa. We used to joke that you could have yourself quite a little
party based just on what you could get out of vending machines. g

And what the hell is Pokari Sweat?

Pocari Sweat appears to be a Japanese equivalent of Gatorade.

Tastes about the same, anyway.

What I remember is my sister sending me a "care package" of several odd
things one could obtain from vending machines. Chief among them being
six-ounce cans of various fruit-flavored beers. Not lambics, but beers
with fruit flavoring in them. Apple was the best (for certain values of
"best") as it tasted somewhat like hard cider. Banana was indescribably
bad. Grape and lime were sort of toward the middle.

-Marc
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is