Old June 15th 05, 11:25 PM
B4RT

No experienced rotorcraft pilot would even consider flying UNDER wires,
landing on an obviously too small pad and mention that they had a blade
strike non-chalantly, as if it was a smudge on the windshield.

Not true... I've never done it because its never come up But....
If you had a big wind direct across high tension wires coming
out of a confined area it could in fact be safer to go under them.
Hover taxing under wires 75 feet above you could be a buttload
safer than pulling 99% straight up 120 feet to go over them.

Kinda noticed you said "licensed private pilot" but not rotorcraft.
Not all the sage wisdom from Stuckwing land applies in Choppertown.
And before you rip on me too, I own and fly both kinds.
too.

Bart