Old March 26th 07, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger[_4_]

Default Cost of ownership????

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:35:46 GMT, wrote:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:25:47 -0600, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

AOPA has a couple worksheets on their ownership/partnership page.
Just yesterday I figured our ownership & operating costs for the Aztec over
the past 2.5 years.
I didn't hit the floor too hard.
Jim

Anolder Bonanza should run about $12K per year if you fly a lot of if
you don't fly much at all. I figure the Aztec would be about twice
that.

snip

Usually when a prospective owner talks to me about how much it costs
to own/fly, I tell them to go to the bank, get $500 ($1000 for a twin)
in $20's and come back out to the hangar some day when the wind is
calm.

I tell them that if they cannot make a nice little bonfire on the ramp
out of the cash, turn and walk away with a smile on their face and no
regrets, in my opinion they are not truly ready for the costs of
owning a tyoe-certificated airplane.

The funny part is that most of them think I'm kidding...

TC

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com