Old July 3rd 03, 02:38 PM
Bob

AND, patents are issued by the US Government AND they retain certain
rights in return for the protection they afford.

Just like trying to sue the Government, it's their party.

"Michael McNulty" wrote in message ...
"Russell Kent" wrote in message
Ernest Christley wrote:

The military is exempt from patent restrictions,

I doubt that statement is true, but I have no facts to either prove or
disprove the statement. In any case, the U.S. military does not (as a

rule)
manufacture much of its own equipment. That is done by subcontractors who
are very much bound by U.S. patent law.

Russell Kent

Actually, the normal U.S. military development contract has a clause called
"authorization and consent" that specifically authorizes the contractor to
infringe on any patents that it sees fit too, and whereby the U.S.
government consents to accept any liability associated with this
infringement (i.e. they agree to allow themselves to be sued by the patent
holder).

Believe it or not.