Old July 14th 04, 11:19 PM
Jay Masino

John T wrote:
bother to vote). Contrary to what some will have you believe, though, the
occupant of the White House has no input into this process. It's the
security bureaucracy that makes this call - and they don't report to the
electorate. See the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC for a
previous example under a different political party. The security folks take
their job - protecting the *office*, not the person - very seriously.
Unfortunately, we're suffering the side-effects of their vigor.

I think the President *could* do something. He could go to the head of
the Secret Service and say "lift the ADIZ and reduce the number of TFRs or
you're fired". If that he resists, he fires him, and goes to the next in
the command chain. At some point, the Secret Service "management" would
do it. But that would assume the President had balls.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___