Old May 6th 05, 03:29 AM
George Patterson

Jose wrote:

Uh... I don't know about that. How much of a temperature rise was there
in the last fifty years?

Actually, we haven't had a measurable rise on a global scale in 100 years. We've
had some strong local swings, however. New York has gone up over 5 degrees
average. Vienna has gone down. Over the last 20 years, ice has thickened
everywhere in Antarctica *except* the Ross ice shelf, where it's thinning (guess
what part gets the air play).

The weirdest guy I've heard is the clown who argues that the Greenland ice cap
will melt over the course of the next 1,000 years. The thing is, most of the
media people run that as a straight story -- only they leave off the "next 1,000
years" part and follow it up with a crack about "better sell your beachfront
property". NPR at least ran it straight.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.