Old May 12th 05, 03:07 AM
omk

Any hints of where I should begin my search would be greatly

appreciated. I
have to pull this beast out of the hanger to run it up. With out

Northwest
weather I haven't had two clear days to work on it outside and I'm

too old
and stiff to do a lot under the panel. So any hints or experience of

similar trouble would really be appreciated.

I'm going to jumper the alternator field portion of the dual master

switch
to start with but beyond that ----------------

Thanks in advance

Paul Anton

May want to check with Paul Malkasian up in Sequim, (360)683-6245, he
has a very good reputation for rebuilding all kinds of OEM Cessna
gauges. Also, before further experimentation, verify you do not have an
automotive regulator - VERY bad deal on airplanes. Unlike aircraft
units, turning off power to the S pin (turning off half of a split
master) does not cut field to the alternator, but shuts off the
regulator itself, resulting in easy 90-100V out of a healthy alternator
at high RPM.