Old April 22nd 04, 10:43 PM
Claudia Buengen

Hi,

all I could find on the web was that apparently after the war he
designed the Condor, built by Alexander Schleicher and based on a
pre-war design.

Apart from that I only found the same things you'd found...

Claudia

Arnie wrote:
I'm trying to find out what happened to Heini Dittmar after WWII.
He was a famous german glider pilot, and the first official Soaring World
Champion in 1937.
He was also the first test pilot of the Me-163 during WWII, his name is
usually associated with that project and with Lippisch and his flying wings,
as well as being a friend of Hanna Reitsch.
A search on the web returns only references to these facts and it appears
that his death was announced on the June '60 Obituaries of Soaring magazine.

I found nothing else, such as what happened to him after his accident with
the Me-163, what did he do after the war, where did he spend his later
years.
If someone has the June 1960 issue of Soaring, it may contain a brief bio on
him.

Regards,

A.