Old September 29th 15, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default That's OK. The Glider Will Hold.

A pilot got low just south of Colorado Springs and the best option was the army airfield nearby. So he contacted the tower and declared an emergency...
Tower: "State nature of emergency"
Pilot: "Zero fuel"

That's a good one to keep in your back pocket in case some airplane driver tries to delay your landing.

And then there's having to convince the airplane(s) ahead and below me to just keep doing what they were planning, and I'll work myself into the pattern and find a place to land out of their way...

5Z