Old September 25th 17, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default dittle fsg 71M squelch issue

Just a guess, but some radios have a squelch adjust pot that's reachable
with a small screw driver.Â* Look for a small sticker covering the hole
in the case of the radio behind the panel.Â* Note: I've seen two pots on
some radios and I don't know what the other one is for.Â* Hopefully you
can slide the radio out of the panel and attempt to adjust the pot while
connected and turned on.Â* Mark the original location so you can return
the setting if it doesn't work. It might also be a good idea to talk
with an avionics shop that is familiar with the radio and/or find a
maintenance manual for it.

On 9/25/2017 8:51 AM, wrote:
Hi all, am having an issue with my new to me dittle radio. worked fine for two flights now on startup it breaks squelch for a while even with the switch set correctly. it lasted about 15 minutes then went normal. The next flight it only did that for 5 minutes. after reading the manual it says nothing about being able to adjust auto sq setting. Is there a way to increase the auto squelch? or could the internal battery be getting low? I did the usual turning of stuff to rule out interference from other equipment.

--
Dan, 5J