Old March 1st 05, 02:16 AM
A Lieberman

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:47:39 -0500, Wizard of Draws wrote:

It's going to be very hard for me to be patient and wait a few more years
for him to fly with me.

Why wait Jeff?

I took my nephew up at the young age of 1 1/2 and my niece went up on the
next flight because my nephew went up. Now, I have to plan my visits to
allow for "flying time".

Also, I use the plane to teach them things like counting, how many wings,
how many tires, and so fourth. My nephew knows all the exterior moving
parts, though getting him to say aileron is interesting to hear!

I try to time it so he sees me come into land, and then take off as well.
He knows what runup means, taxing and even knows the colors to the taxiway
vs the runway.

I keep the talk to a simple term so he can understand what I am looking at
even if he don't understand why I am looking at things.

He also understand the danger of the propeller, knows to look where he is
walking around the plane (flaps on a low wing are hell on foreheads!)

You should see him pull or put the chocks under the nose wheel with him
doing the limbo act under the fuselage.

His first cross country, he and my niece was outstanding. Took in the
ride, like a champ. Though I doubt he has a full appreciation of the
priviledge of flying, I do believe he knows it's something different then
what his friends experience. My niece on the other hand sees it as another
form of transportation. She got in the rear seat, and had her eyes closed
for most of the trip.

My poor sister and brother in law..... they are Jay Jay the jet out.....

Allen