Old November 23rd 16, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra trailer tail lights replacement?

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 3:00:10 PM UTC-6, Michael Opitz wrote:
At 17:30 22 November 2016, John Bojack J4 wrote:
Looking to replace the factory/European style tail lights.

Although attractive (??) I think they can be confusing for USA

drivers
following behind it.

Any suggestions for improvement and/or making them more USA

"friendly"?
And also wiring them for USA vehicles.

I have seen several trailers with round L.E.D. replacement tail

lights.
Source?

All suggestions and advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J4

John,

All I do (for a US 4 wire conversion) is swap spade connectors
(at the bulbs themselves) between the the Euro amber turn
signal and the red brake light. Just unscrew the lens cover, swap
the 2 spade connectors, put the lens cover back on. The amber
light is then not used, so drivers in the USA won't be confused.

RO

Thanks Mike, the last thing we need is more confused American drivers.