Old July 2nd 03, 11:27 PM
Paul Lee

(Corky Scott) wrote in
:

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:01:02 GMT, Paul Lee wrote:

BTW the Dynon EFIS has an encoder built into it.
With all the stuff it has its a real bargain at $2K.

Yup, it is. It has 10 instruments built into it. The only thing that
detracts from it's functionality is that the screen is pretty small,
less than 4 inches across. All that information from the ten
instruments goes on the screen somewhere.
Of course, should the power supply go Tango Uniform, you've lost
everything at once....

The small size is what I need. No room on my panel for 9" TV.
I have no problem reading it or following it. Just a matter
getting used to it.

My unit has the extra built in backup battery ($129 extra) in
case the aircraft battery goes.

Even with all the instruments I have some extra avionics
for backup, which is a good practice in any case. But at
that price, I might sell them on ebay and get a second EFIS-D10.

Paul Lee .... SQ2000 canard project,
www.abri.com/sq2000