Old May 25th 05, 07:04 PM
Jimbob

Most of the stuff I have seen is rated at 120 mph cruise and about 350
miles.. I just saw one this morning other day for 54K

http://www.bbardaviation.com/PRODUCTS/allegro2000.html

I expect prices to drop a bit over the next year as competition starts
heating up and the market equalizes.

IMHO, you should see them about $40-44K in next couple of years.

On 25 May 2005 10:30:09 -0700, "houstondan"
wrote:

i've read-up on all the light sport stuff i can find and it looks like
$60-80,000 to fly 2 people, vfr for maybe 350 miles or so at 90-100
mph. the idea of having a brand new craft does have some appeal but
pushing a headwind and getting a net ground speed in the 40-50mph range
while getting beat to death does not sound like fun.

as i'm pushing 60 years old i do have to consider that i could be
forced into light sports in not too many years.

i dunno

dan

Jim

http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org