Old October 30th 05, 07:08 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Default need 24V to 115VAC 3 phase inverter for gyro

wrote:
I've got an ARU 44 gyro and I'd like to power it off my 24VDC system.
It needs 115VAC 3 phase, and about 75W to 100W. Is there an off the
shelf unit that can do this, or maybe someone knows of a schematic to
build my own? I'm an electronics engineer so I can do this, but
inverters are not my specialty so any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

I found a man named John Popelish in a ham or elctronics neswgroup a
couple of years ago who drew me up 3 schematics for various wattage 115
VAC 400 hz 3 phase power supplies. All three were based on the same
phase shift circuit. I lost the schematics in the Great Crash of '04. I
did bread board one and it did work. Give him a shout.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired