Old November 11th 03, 05:53 PM
Keith Willshaw

"robert arndt" wrote in message
om...
Andreas Parsch wrote in message

robert arndt wrote:

Way back in 1938/39 the Nazis sent expeditions to Tibet and Antartica.
In Antartica they renamed Queen Maud Land as NeuSchwabenland and
marked the territory by air. For years during the war U-boats made
trips to both Antartica and South America... for no rational
explanation.

You think it irrational that U-boats would try to interdict shipping
from South America ?

The Captain of the Graf Spee didnt as I recall

Several U-boats were missing at the surrender in May '45

Well yes that happens in war

only to surface months after the war in South America after unloading
cargo. One U-boat which was sunk along the way was carrying 33 tons of
mercury (the fuel for the Vril/Haunebu engines).

Cite please , I only know of two, U-530 which surrendered in Argentina
in July 1945 and U-977

U-530 left Horten on 3rd March 1945 and like U-977 its crew decided
to surrender in friendly Argentina rather than return to an uncertain
future in Germany

We know U-977 travelled straight to Argentina from Norway as she left
Norway on 10th May after putting shore those crew who didnt want
to flee to Argentina and as a type VIIC she was hardly a cargo carrier
Her crew's interrogation is available on-line at

http://www.uboatarchive.net/U-977INT.htm

A remarkable story but UFO's are not involved

Keith