Old April 26th 18, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 1:33:39 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I am a US based pilot and I am not aware of any privately owned and flown gliders at my airfield that do not have Flarm.

It's a regional thing. I am a US based pilot and I am not aware of any gliders flown at my airfield that have Flarm. (Out of about a dozen.) In our soaring area there is relatively little civilian non-glider air traffic. And within the glider flying community it's a chicken-and-egg thing, it's useless since nobody else has it, so why buy it.

Correction: I think there is ONE pilot here with FLARM. Probably because he goes to contests elsewhere.