Old August 9th 18, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Huthmaker

Default Forum for new Glider Pilots

Hi Everyone,

I just started taking Glider lessons this last weekend. I'm a Power Pilot with a PPL. So I'll be working on a glider rating.

I'm wondering if there are any good forums for soaring? I've googled it, and dont see allot. I gather that its such a niche sport, there isnt allot of resources out there.

I'm hoping to read posts to learn about thermaling, navigational aids, understanding weather as it relates to soaring, etc. Even though I'm not new to flying, and am new to soaring.

Thanks in advance.
John Huthmaker