Old October 14th 03, 06:16 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 10/14/03 9:49 AM, in article 3f8c0d21$1@bg2., "Matt Wiser"
wrote:

Jim Strand wrote:
Every year or so I post a similar version of
this. Always nice to see
the comments. Seeing as how we have a few new
faces around here now
lets have another go at it.

You are able to select any tactical jet airframe
from the past. We'll
assume all engines would fit properly. What
bird would you like to
fly again if it had modern engines and avionics
as well?

My first tour of duty was at NKX when Fightertown
meant F-4's and
F-8's. Always wondered what a new series engine
would have done for
the Crusader.

ACC USN ret.
NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR
67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85
&
74-77

Co-founder of newsgroup - RAMN
Anti-spam measures in action.
For e-mail response delete "nospam"

Here's mine:

1) A-6

SNIP

Ditto.

A-6E (naturally) upgraded to the A-6F would have been good enough for me.
Unfortunately, the tail couldn't handle the normal shock from the 404.

I'd also love to see engines in the F/A-18 that would give it the T/W of the
Viper. Pipe dream.

--Woody