Old October 15th 03, 02:49 AM

"Doug "Woody" and Erin Beal" wrote in message
On 10/14/03 11:05 AM, in article
, "R"
wrote:

"Jim Strand" wrote in message
Every year or so I post a similar version of this. Always nice to see

SNIP

For me the winner would be the F-8. You never forget your first love.
Whether it was climbing out of Key West after a Cuban MIG, doing a

vertical
pass on a Bear, or flying under the power lines in southern California

Something tells me that "under" the power lines was once an "over" but
became an "under" over time.

Well it only happened once! I could have sworn that the power lines were a
couple miles on the other side of the Aqueduct.:-)

Heck, I was lucky, one F-8 driver put out the lights in SoCal, (actually it
was daylight, but never let the facts interfere with a good sea story.) Both
he and the aircraft survived, to face the wrath. It just proved that the
titanium intake was a good cable cutter.

trying to sneak up on Yuma it was great aircraft.

--Woody

Besides if it didn't happen that way it should have.

Red