Old August 28th 03, 02:07 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:29:07 -0700, "Rich S."
wrote:

"log" wrote in message
Does anyone have info or know where to find info on solid wires and
fittings? I want to use wires simlar to Piper and Pitts, but can't find a
source for them.

I have no idea of your intended use, but in any case please take a look at
http://home1.gte.net/ikvamar/flybaby/hinton.htm

Thanks for the plug, Rich. However, I should point out that this type of
failure probably wouldn't occur on a set of drag/anti-drag wires. For one
thing, they are internal to the wing and not subjected to the airstream
buffeting that the flying wires are hit with. Plus, since the
drag/anti-drag wires cross, one can tie them together and damp out just
about any vibration.

I'd have no hesitation about using solid wires *internally* to my
wing...except for the cost, of course. Still, the standard cable
cross-wires on Fly Babies each use a turnbuckle, and those turnbuckles have
gotten pricy. I've been thinking of buying a set of Wag-Aero Cuby internal
bracing wires and see if they'd fit.

Ron Wanttaja