Old April 27th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Orton[_2_]

Default Ballast dump time Discus

With the Jantar Std 3 that I used to fly, which had water dumps under the
wing, when dumping at high speed I used to get water trickling forward past
my elbows and find a small pool of water under the rudder pedals after the
flight. I never really managed to work out how it got into the fuselage
either.

"Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote in message
. ..

Maybe someday I'll solve the mystery of how 2 liters of water gets into
the nose of my Nimbus 2C when dumping ballast. All possible tubes are
plugged and the under seat area and around the wheel box is always dry.
The only wet area is the foot wells.

Bill Daniels