Old November 11th 04, 03:48 PM
Tim Mara

First off, let me say I think the Pulse oximiter can be a useful tool to
anyone who is flying at altitudes and using supplemental oxygen....I also
looked into these low cost Pulse Oximiters. What I am finding with more
checking is that some have popped up on the market that have been reported
as poor quality knock-offs, typically, made in China and may not be totally
accurate with their readings...Nonin, the company that produces the Finger
Pulse Oximiters that I do offer I have also been told has a lawsuit out on
one of these companies that is producing an exact knock-off in China and
even has the Nonin name on it....
just to note of caution..
tim
www.wingsandwheels.com

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
I've not flown in wave, yet, but I would guess the
cockpit could get rather cold. The spec sheet for
this oximeter shows the operating range from 39 degrees
F to 109 degrees F.

Can cockpit temps drop lower than 39 F at oxygen altitudes?

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina USA