Old November 11th 04, 09:27 PM
Raphael Warshaw

Ian:

Neat! Do you have a picture of the OEM oximeter module installation and how
the probe cable is routed. I've been looking at the Nonin Bluetooth device
and a Bluetooth enabled PDA as a way of doing the same thing without the
cable. An added benefit would be that the module could be inside the
clothing, which solves the temperature issue.

Add a cheap digital pressure sensor and you could monitor your O2 supply as
well as the saturation.

Ray Warshaw
1LK

I'm using a Nonin OEM system which talks to an 8 bit microprocessor. The
micro mixes the PulseOX and Pulserate data with the data from my
LX1600/Colibri combination into a new NMEA stream so that it is available
to my PDA. The PDA can then display O2 levels and raise an alarm if it
gets low. I can also log the data to a file.