Old May 12th 05, 04:21 PM
Jens Krueger

Peter Duniho wrote:

The biggest problem I have with those services is that they don't
archive well.

Define "archive well".

As long as source (news post) and target (webpage) exist.

Usenet is very well archived, you can still find posts
from over ten years ago; including references to websites. Try that with
a "tinyurl". How long do they keep those "tiny" references?

As far as I know, forever.

Well...

makeashorterlink.com specifically says in their
FAQ that, as long as they are around, their links will work.

....that could be significantly shorter than "forever". ;-)

Anyways, my point was that introducing link-hosts should not be the cure
for broken newsreader, like the response to the OP suggested.

Cheers,
Jens

--
I don't accept any emails right now. Usenet replys only.