Old June 4th 05, 02:03 AM
Journeyman

In article RGQle.15625$g66.10452@attbi_s71, Jay Honeck wrote:
In the end, we could have easily beaten the airlines home from Seattle in
Atlas, our Cherokee 235. Well, except for those cumulo-nimbus clouds
that
were towering to 40,000 feet over Colorado...

Why would that be a problem? Last summer, we landed in Peoria short of
Iowa City (due to t-storms), but continued on through Iowa to South
Dakota, Montana, Idaho, to Seattle. Never went near Colorado.

Yeah, that's we would normally have done, except for the fact that this was
a trip to attend a wedding.

Weddings can't wait for weather. I therefore was compelled to fly the
airlines...

I'm confused. If the CBs were over Colorado, what's the problem? It's
nowhere along the likely route. I'm not faulting your decision, just the
statement (paraphrased): "It would have been faster to fly myself except
for the CBs nowhere along my route". It doesn't parse. Nonetheless,
in a gotta be there situation with no margin, I'd go by airlines too.

As it happens, we have a family wedding in Winnepeg this summer, and I'm
planning my vacation to leave enough time to get there with a comfortable
margin. And I'm hoping we'll be able to pass by your hotel on the way
back.

I'm also planning to spend a few days in Seattle in September while it's
still sunny out there and will have to fly commercial. Jet Blue has
non-stop red-eye service from JFK.

Morris