Old June 7th 05, 08:17 AM
Anthony W

Richard Riley wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 05:36:33 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

:Richard Riley wrote:
:
:I don't know if it's an exact match but the Briggs & Stratton V-twin is
:close. They're very detuned in stock condition but the cart racers have
umped them up considerably with little effort.

Seems unlikely it can be pumped up THAT much - the 31 hp B&S I find on
the web is 125 lbs. The 60 lb engine is only 9 hp. But I'll look at
them.

Have you considered a motorcycle engine? A modern 600cc liquid cooled
engine puts out around 90 peek BHP and probably a 50 or 60 BHP for
sustained output. I don't remember what they weigh but I had a Honda
600cc engine a couple years ago and I was able to move it around without
much effort.

Tony