Old October 7th 05, 02:53 PM
CTR

Nick,

My only mistake is after a 22 hour day is typing KM instead of NM. All
numbers in my post are in Nautical miles. For those wishing go know
the full facts, go to:

http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/mil...22/v22spec.htm

Under V-22 RANGE you will find:

Range
=B7 Amphib assault, nm (km) - 515 (954)
=B7 Max, self-deployment, nm (km)
2,100 (3,892)
(this is a direct paste)

Then for the CH-53 go to:

http://www.sikorsky.com/file/popup/1,,185,00.pdf

From the Load/Range chart for ferry range (0 payload) with internal and

external aux fuel tanks the CH-53 range shows 1050 nm (1946 km).

So if I am confused Nick, please explain why in your charts you only
show the V-22 self deploy 0 payload range being approximately 1030
Nautical Miles. While the source you reference using for your data
states this range to be 2100 Nautical Miles?

What external aux tanks did you use for the V-22 range, since the V-22
does not carry external aux tanks?

Again, I suggest no one ever use conclusions from some one's personal
web site. Go to reputable sources and check the data yourselves and
drow your own conclusions.

Take care,

CTR